Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help with Upgrading KDE

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10

    Help with Upgrading KDE

    Right now, under the Knoppix 3.4 CD, the KDE version is 3.2.2. Some KDE themes/styles that I want to try out demand the 3.2.3 kdelibs4 files instead during apt-get of the themes.

    I'm not sure how to deal with this request; I think I may have to update all of KDE to 3.2.3. I looked around on the Debian sites, but I'm still not sure how to do it- especially if there's a good way that avoids all the dependencies errors others seem to be getting.

    Is it just simply apt-get KDE? I think that will still give me version 3.2.2 (how do I update to a "unstable" KDE?). So basically, how do I upgrade KDE to 3.2.3 under a beginner 2.6.6 Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    apt-get -t unstable install <pkgname>
    will install KDE3.2.3 packages. apt-get -t unstable install kde will try to install all KDE but I recommend you try it a bit at a time.
    See http://www.kde.org/documentation/faq/install.html
    for a description of the packages.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie Help - Upgrading KDE from 3.3 to 3.4
    By stalexone in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 04:49 PM
  2. upgrading 3.6 - 3.7
    By mkyb14 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:03 PM
  3. problem with upgrading apt-get
    By pi82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:30 PM
  4. Upgrading
    By Ander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 01:49 AM
  5. UPGRADING KNOPPIX 3.1 to 3.2
    By sgk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD

$799.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00