-
Re: Salve! ?
Salve Phredd!
> Ok, ok, ok....I only speak english (imagine an American that only
> knows english if you can!)...
... no problem
, and I know for english mother speaker is it realy
hard to learn another language - no joke! I try to learn Dutch
(Aachen is very close to the Netherlands) and everytime I try to
speak Dutch, they start to speak German 
>"Salve!"
>
>Does that mean "good news!" or "Fiinally!" or "Thanks!" or what?!?
See http://www.classicsunveiled.com/romevd/html/vocabs.html
Salve is old latin and means "Hello"!
Salve is still used in Italy, but not the most populare way to
greet people - its there used in situations between familar and formal.
When you ask this question, because of my posting, than can I add,
that I can't speak/read latin (a today mostly unused language).
So why I start my postings with this greeting?
About > 12 years ago I used a mailbox for comunications and every
poster had a fancy/funy/special subheader or way to end this posting.
I thought about an own style and thought a special way to start a
posting is more impressive. So I used a Greeting that the most
people understud, but don't use. For me Salve sound respectfull,
friendly and funny. So today I'm not using the mailbox anymore, but
still use the personal style for greet, welcome the reader, even for
business I use "Salve" when I write emails to people I don't know.
BTW Latin, some years ago the Finnland proposed that the European
Union should use Latin as primary working language - but happyly
the didn't get a mayority for this proposel 
Thank you for your question, greetings
rob
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$129.00

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$89.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29