-
Re: Salve! ?
Salve Phredd!
> Ok, ok, ok....I only speak english (imagine an American that only
> knows english if you can!)...
... no problem
, and I know for english mother speaker is it realy
hard to learn another language - no joke! I try to learn Dutch
(Aachen is very close to the Netherlands) and everytime I try to
speak Dutch, they start to speak German 
>"Salve!"
>
>Does that mean "good news!" or "Fiinally!" or "Thanks!" or what?!?
See http://www.classicsunveiled.com/romevd/html/vocabs.html
Salve is old latin and means "Hello"!
Salve is still used in Italy, but not the most populare way to
greet people - its there used in situations between familar and formal.
When you ask this question, because of my posting, than can I add,
that I can't speak/read latin (a today mostly unused language).
So why I start my postings with this greeting?
About > 12 years ago I used a mailbox for comunications and every
poster had a fancy/funy/special subheader or way to end this posting.
I thought about an own style and thought a special way to start a
posting is more impressive. So I used a Greeting that the most
people understud, but don't use. For me Salve sound respectfull,
friendly and funny. So today I'm not using the mailbox anymore, but
still use the personal style for greet, welcome the reader, even for
business I use "Salve" when I write emails to people I don't know.
BTW Latin, some years ago the Finnland proposed that the European
Union should use Latin as primary working language - but happyly
the didn't get a mayority for this proposel 
Thank you for your question, greetings
rob
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 RAM 3600MHz (CMW128GX4M4D3600C18)
$761.00

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

ACCLAMATOR 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz Desktop RAM AMEU16G58H-6000
$315.00

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V (HMA82GU6JJR8N-VK) DDR4 Desktop ram
$49.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot of 2 Kingston 8GB 1Rx8 1G x 64-Bit PC4-2666 CL19 288-Pin DIMM (KVR26N19S8/8)
$59.99