Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: disabling LVM (Logical Volume Manager)?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    49

    disabling LVM (Logical Volume Manager)?

    This is more a general Linux question than a specifically Knoppix question, but here goes anyway:

    During startup the LVM is loaded and, since I have no logical drives set up, it seaches and doesn't find anything. Then, when I shut down, the LVM tries to unmount the non-existant drives and returns an error. I wouldn't be so concerned as it doesn't really affect startup and shutdown times, but every time it returns an error it sends the message to /var/mail/root which is REALLY annoying.

    I've already used the SysVinit program that came with KDE to disable PCMCIA, bind9, etc. but I'm a little wary of killing the LVM. Should I be? Since I have no logical drives, disabling the LVM from starting up or shutting down shouldn't be a problem, right?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    Hi,

    I did
    apt-get remove lvm10 lvm-common

    Martin

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by horo
    Hi,

    I did
    apt-get remove lvm10 lvm-common

    Martin
    Thanks Martin! I was just wondering if it would adversely affect my system but since you apparently did it without a problem I'll do the same.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    You may also have to go into /etc/cron.d/lvw-common and comment out the cron job line.

    HTH

    rock

Similar Threads

  1. Can Knoppix access a logical volume group on a harddrive?
    By BORTKOMMEN in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 11:27 AM
  2. Disabling DHCP on a HD installed knoppix
    By goudiemark in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 07:26 AM
  3. disabling ipv6 in 2.6?
    By bardinjw in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 05:16 PM
  4. Disabling Sound Server
    By Dosmaen in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:00 PM
  5. disabling DHCP?
    By jabster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$125.00



VINTAGE DEC DELNI-AA 8 PORT AUI THICKWIRE ETHERNET LAN INTERCONNECT IN COVERS. picture

VINTAGE DEC DELNI-AA 8 PORT AUI THICKWIRE ETHERNET LAN INTERCONNECT IN COVERS.

$95.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Rainbow Drive Controller PC100 RD51 CNTLR picture

Vintage DEC Digital Rainbow Drive Controller PC100 RD51 CNTLR

$69.99



Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15)

$139.99