-
Junior Member
registered user
screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?
Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
-
Re: screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?

Originally Posted by
furryfren
Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
Possibly the video refresh/timings are slightly different so you need to recalibrate your screen. One of the advantages of these new LCD displays is that they usually have a single button "auto-calibrate" function which comes in really handy when booting knoppix occasionally, for just this reason.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hey thanks for the pointers. I realized what I was doing wrong. Its screen=1280x800 that I should be typing. Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
-
By el_manaba in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
-
By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
-
By wfb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:34 AM
-
By bassbrnr in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00