Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14

    screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?

    Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    83

    Re: screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?

    Quote Originally Posted by furryfren
    Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
    Possibly the video refresh/timings are slightly different so you need to recalibrate your screen. One of the advantages of these new LCD displays is that they usually have a single button "auto-calibrate" function which comes in really handy when booting knoppix occasionally, for just this reason.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14
    hey thanks for the pointers. I realized what I was doing wrong. Its screen=1280x800 that I should be typing. Cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. 1280x1024 screen problem
    By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
  2. Cheatcode: screen=1280x1024 doesn't work
    By el_manaba in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
  3. remastering: how to boot in screen=1280x1024 automaticaly
    By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
  4. Screen cheat code not working
    By wfb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:34 AM
  5. Screen= Cheat Code
    By bassbrnr in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98