-
Junior Member
registered user
screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?
Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
-
Re: screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?

Originally Posted by
furryfren
Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
Possibly the video refresh/timings are slightly different so you need to recalibrate your screen. One of the advantages of these new LCD displays is that they usually have a single button "auto-calibrate" function which comes in really handy when booting knoppix occasionally, for just this reason.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hey thanks for the pointers. I realized what I was doing wrong. Its screen=1280x800 that I should be typing. Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
-
By el_manaba in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
-
By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
-
By wfb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:34 AM
-
By bassbrnr in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99