-
Junior Member
registered user
screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?
Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
-
Re: screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?

Originally Posted by
furryfren
Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP that has a native resolution of 1280x1024. Everytime I load Knoppix, it appears to be 'bloated' sideways. Having checked the display options in the Knoppix taskbar, I realize that the 1280x1024 resolution is not available. The cheatcode screen=1280x1024 doesn't seem to work for me! Can anyone help me with this problem?
Possibly the video refresh/timings are slightly different so you need to recalibrate your screen. One of the advantages of these new LCD displays is that they usually have a single button "auto-calibrate" function which comes in really handy when booting knoppix occasionally, for just this reason.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hey thanks for the pointers. I realized what I was doing wrong. Its screen=1280x800 that I should be typing. Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By gfs in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
-
By el_manaba in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
-
By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
-
By wfb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:34 AM
-
By bassbrnr in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00