Have you tried a different mirror listed here:
http://www.knoppix.net/get.php
Hi,
I have been trying to download knoppix but I get the following error:
Internet Explorer cannot download <filename> from <site>
A system call that should never fail has failed.
What is this and how can I download it?!?!
Have you tried a different mirror listed here:
http://www.knoppix.net/get.php
--WOW, dude... Way to go! You've found Yet Another Reason to switch from Wincrap to Linux!
Try www.opera.com - faster browser, should download Knoppix no problem.
Originally Posted by mcguire303
I have tried downloading from different mirrors....and I have also tried using Opera but no luck....![]()
--Describe "no luck" - same error msg?
--Have you tried re-installing Windoze lately? In extremis, you should be able to order a Knoppix CD thru the mail...
Originally Posted by mcguire303
When downloading Knoppix...you almost ALWAYS should use a download manager...not just the browser itself... I use getright.com.
I never had any problems with a browser but it would be intersting to see if it works. What can a download manager do that a browser cannot Phredd?When downloading Knoppix...you almost ALWAYS should use a download manager...not just the browser itself... I use getright.com.
Salve!
The main thing it does is resume a download without starting over if you break your connection...there are dload managers for linux and windows.
I use a download mgr when I download anything more than about 50meg or so... Plus the good ones will do multiple connections that will allow FASTER downloads.
oic - I suppose I am spoiled with my broadband. I forgot what a pain dial-up can be.
Salve!
I do use it over broadband...the nice thing about it over bb is that it will start MULTIPLE connections to the file you are dloading to cut download speeds significantly. Just my 2 cents.
Long Live Knoppix!

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On
$25.00
Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick
$38.88
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25