Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Downloading Problems.....

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: only...

    --Which ones do you recommend for Win? I use Opera for Win and Linux, and 'wget' is good for Linux even over proxy....

    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd
    Salve!

    The main thing it does is resume a download without starting over if you break your connection...there are dload managers for linux and windows.

    I use a download mgr when I download anything more than about 50meg or so... Plus the good ones will do multiple connections that will allow FASTER downloads.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    57

    http://www.getright.com/

    I use this one...there is a free version...I paid for my copy....$20 I think?

    http://www.getright.com/

    Long Live Knoppix!

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Here's a list of freeware and adware download managers for windows. I suggest any of the one's with a 5 star rating.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6

    Re: http://www.getright.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd
    I use this one...there is a free version...I paid for my copy....$20 I think?

    http://www.getright.com/

    Long Live Knoppix!
    Thanks for the tip...dude!

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    Hi...

    I am on 92% and I need to find a little quicker mirror....

    Can anyone find a mirror other than those listed on the "download" page?

    Thanks!

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aachen, Europe
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by mcguire303
    Hi...

    I am on 92% and I need to find a little quicker mirror....
    Salve mcguire303,

    You mean to get Knoppix?
    Ask your internet-provider to miror Knoppix
    I can burn with speed=8 directly (with mkfifo trick) from official Knoppix-mirrors

    Greetings
    rob

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    I dont find your jokes funny

  8. #18
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aachen, Europe
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by mcguire303
    I dont find your jokes funny
    Your're right, to use mr.green was not nice- - please for give
    me. But I wanted to stress, that in general the mirror-servers are
    fast, but not everybody in the world can access them fast.
    To change this, I would be interesting where you are and
    which internet-provider you use.
    In case that for your region all official mirorrs are to
    slow (how slow?) it make sence to search for a new mirror for
    your region.
    This will not help you know, but maby in some weeks and of course,
    others.

    So I hope that you got the missing 8% inbetween.
    rob

    PS: My CD-burner has falling down and is now not realy compatibel
    with other readers any more ;( otherwise I would say mail my your
    adress and I will send (snail-mail) you a 3.2 after beeing publiced
    on the server.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    I only have -40MB left and cannot find a server to connect to...

    All of the good ones I have wont connect (booting me?)

    I will attempt to look for other servers....

    all I need is 7% of this thing and I am good!!!!!

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Um, aay? There's no links in your post...

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Here's a list of freeware and adware download managers for windows. I suggest any of the one's with a 5 star rating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading new programs off the net?
    By biscuits91 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 03:59 AM
  2. Downloading Knoppix
    By kessragnell in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
  3. Downloading Knoppixstp
    By dmedici in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 08:55 AM
  4. Newbie question about downloading
    By kiru9867 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:48 AM
  5. Downloading version 3.2-2003-04-10
    By felipe_lopes in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 03:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro CSE-826 2U Server Chassis W/X10DRH-C 2x E5-2620 V3 128GB RAM 2x 1280W picture

Supermicro CSE-826 2U Server Chassis W/X10DRH-C 2x E5-2620 V3 128GB RAM 2x 1280W

$499.99



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19