Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix from External HDD for Product Demos Please Help !

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix from External HDD for Product Demos Please Help !

    Hello,

    I'am a pre-sales person who travels to prospective client sites
    and does product demos.

    I install my Oracle Applications E-business suite 11i, in a linux
    partition in my Laptop and carry it around. This is not proving
    very effective as it freezes at times and throws up errors
    frequently. In addition to that, I lose a substantial amount of
    my disk space on the linux partition.

    Now I have an 80GB external HDD which can connect to my laptop
    through the USB port.

    Please tell me if I can install Knoppix and Oracle Applications 11i
    in my external HDD and use it whenever I need to demo - other times
    I plug out the external HDD and iam on my windows 2000 booting from
    the internal hard disk in my laptop.

    Can I help myself in this or would I require professional help,
    if you think professional help is available then please give me
    more details.

    Thanks a lot for any help. !

    Madhu

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    Should work nicely. Just install it to that external HD and tell your computer to boot from it

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Knoppix on an External HDD????
    By chiefreborn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
  2. Installing KNOPPIX in external USB 2.0 HDD
    By FidoBoy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
  3. knoppix un external usb hd
    By komplikazione in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 10:35 PM
  4. Product Key Code - I need a new one...
    By rrfish72 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 09:57 AM
  5. Booting knoppix off an external usb-hdd
    By orgler in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01