-
Extracting CD printer driver to HD Linux
I bought this computer with Linux pre-installed because in a dozen or so tries on different platforms I never got a single Linux install to survive the first reboot. Mandrake is somewhat lame compared to the Knoppix CD I downloaded before leaving my previous employer, but at least it runs. However it's unable to print to this HP 3520. Knoppix does!
Which is easier, ordering Knoppix install CDs (where?) and risking destroying everything, or copying the printer driver from the Knoppix boot CD onto the Mandrake system? How?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Extracting CD printer driver to HD Linux

Originally Posted by
TomPittman
I bought this computer with Linux pre-installed because in a dozen or so tries on different platforms I never got a single Linux install to survive the first reboot. Mandrake is somewhat lame compared to the Knoppix CD I downloaded before leaving my previous employer, but at least it runs. However it's unable to print to this HP 3520. Knoppix does!
Which is easier, ordering Knoppix install CDs (where?) and risking destroying everything, or copying the printer driver from the Knoppix boot CD onto the Mandrake system? How?
I'm confused. If you can boot Knoppix then you can install from the same cd. The printer drivers Mandrake uses are the same as the drivers Knoppix uses. Perhaps MDK is simply not configured correctly. You can dl MDK for free if you want to put it back on but I would HIGHLY recommend using Debian (Knopix is Debian you see). Actually I prefer Kanotix as it makes for a great Debian SID install disc.
Similar Threads
-
By tdjokic in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By rocker452 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By sethosayher in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 08:13 PM
-
By MPenza in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-13700 16-Core 2.10GHz LGA1700 CPU Processor SRMBA
$235.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00