Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Extracting CD printer driver to HD Linux

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Extracting CD printer driver to HD Linux

    I bought this computer with Linux pre-installed because in a dozen or so tries on different platforms I never got a single Linux install to survive the first reboot. Mandrake is somewhat lame compared to the Knoppix CD I downloaded before leaving my previous employer, but at least it runs. However it's unable to print to this HP 3520. Knoppix does!

    Which is easier, ordering Knoppix install CDs (where?) and risking destroying everything, or copying the printer driver from the Knoppix boot CD onto the Mandrake system? How?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: Extracting CD printer driver to HD Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by TomPittman
    I bought this computer with Linux pre-installed because in a dozen or so tries on different platforms I never got a single Linux install to survive the first reboot. Mandrake is somewhat lame compared to the Knoppix CD I downloaded before leaving my previous employer, but at least it runs. However it's unable to print to this HP 3520. Knoppix does!

    Which is easier, ordering Knoppix install CDs (where?) and risking destroying everything, or copying the printer driver from the Knoppix boot CD onto the Mandrake system? How?
    I'm confused. If you can boot Knoppix then you can install from the same cd. The printer drivers Mandrake uses are the same as the drivers Knoppix uses. Perhaps MDK is simply not configured correctly. You can dl MDK for free if you want to put it back on but I would HIGHLY recommend using Debian (Knopix is Debian you see). Actually I prefer Kanotix as it makes for a great Debian SID install disc.

Similar Threads

  1. Printer driver petition
    By tdjokic in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
  2. Symlink for a printer driver
    By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
  3. printer driver
    By rocker452 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:40 AM
  4. I need a printer driver.
    By sethosayher in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 08:13 PM
  5. I need a driver for my printer.
    By MPenza in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES

$85.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99