-
Grub problem
I installed successfully Knoppix on harddisk with Lilo booting.
But then when I try to install Grub, there are problems:
Code:
knoppix:~$ grub-install /dev/hda
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
I look at the script /sbin/grub-install and it seems that it is due to 'df'. I already did a "ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab" and df's output is:
Code:
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 5067968 2056284 2754244 43% /
/dev/root 5067968 2056284 2754244 43% /
Still it doesn't work
Any idea?
-
Salve kendrew!
"]I installed successfully Knoppix on harddisk with Lilo booting.
But then when I try to install Grub, there are problems:
Code:
knoppix:~$ grub-install /dev/hda
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
My idea is that grub-install will maybe write to /boot. Do you have
a writable /boot directory?
I haven't used knx-hdinstall or grub yet, so sorry to haven't more
ideas than this link http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/#documentation
wich I will use to learn grub.
Greetings,
rob
-
thx rob
I figured out the problem: shouldn't use grub-install, just use grub instead.
grub-install tries to detect the harddisk, partition, but doesn't do it well.
rgds,
kendrew
Similar Threads
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By kofti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
-
By Neil Young & Crazy Ho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
-
By dantay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00