-
Senior Member
registered user
HPDJ940C printing in KSpread (bad prints)
Not sure if this problem has been resolved in the Knoppix v3.4, but, I had a reason to print a Phone Card Index, using a file that used to be in Excel, in Win98 ( a Office2000 version ), I had been able to print it fine within Win98, but not had the chance to try "printing" in Knoppix at the time...
I am currently running Knoppix v3.3, hard drive installed, printer is a HP DeskJet 940C, connected via the parallel port (local), using CUPS, and the "standard" printer drivers that were "suggested" by Knoppix when I installed and configured the printer.
I reconfigured the Excel file, and saved it with KSpread. After making my changes, saved it, and then tried to print it... It does print, most of it, and then, on some of the cells, it prints black boxes, usually after a cell, and it carries over into the cell right below it. The black boxs do not completely fill a complete cell, and the cells themselves are not backgrounded, colored, or nothing special other than simple text in them.
At first I thought the problem was that the "contents" of the cell, the text itself, was too big for the cell to contain, and that was what was causing the "black" gunk, i.e. "over-run", but, after breaking the text in each "offending" cell down to "cell width", the problem still persists.
I heard something about HP printers and using the "foo-matic" drivers, which I am using, but, don't know what "other" drivers I could replace them with, also, since I am going to be "upgrading" to Knoppix v3.4 in the next week, if this problem is not an issue in the new version, then, this posting is moot, and please say so. ( I finally resolved to NOT printing within KSpread at this time, since I can't get a "clean" printout )
Thanks for any help, assistance, and avenue of resolve,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By eradusfalk in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By John Johnson in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By CivilEng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 12:25 AM
-
By crackdaddysnap in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-01-2003, 04:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

TeamGroup T-Force DELTA RGB 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 RAM 6000(2Rx8) CL38-38-38-78 1.35V
$600.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00