Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: File System

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15

    File System

    First I want to say THANK YOU to everybody who has posted questions and the gurus who have answered them. I downloaded Knoppix yesterday and I was able to get most things working simply by scanning this forum. I am stuck on two things though. I can't get my soundcard working even though it is detected and I cant get my wireless card working. oh and 1 more thing, when i type dmesg, I get a screen FULL of

    EXT2-fs error (device ide0 (3,5): ext2_write_inode: unable to read inode block - inode=xxxxx, block=xxxxx
    remounting filesystem read-only.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Hardware
    Compaq Presario 900US laptop
    512 mb
    30 Gb
    AT&T Lucent Wireless card

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    FYI - It's generally easier if you only ask one question per post.

    Did you install Knoppix to your hard drive or are you just booting the CD?

    when you type dmesg try it like this:

    dmesg | more

    It will let you view all of the message without pushing it off the screen. Post the output.

    I cant get my wireless card working.
    open a terminal and type this:

    netcardconfig
    Hopefully that gets you connected.

    I can't get my soundcard working even though it is detected
    open a terminal and type this"

    sndconfig

    Post the output.

    Open a terminal and type this:

    lsmod

    Post the output.

Similar Threads

  1. File system checking
    By khwong2004 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 11:25 AM
  2. NTFS file system
    By evirus in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:39 AM
  3. What File System should I use ???
    By b0b-0001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:56 AM
  4. What file system?
    By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99