Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Knoppix Tutorial

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    25

    Knoppix Tutorial

    Hello,

    Pieter Jonker was so kind to translate my
    german Knoppix Tutorial into english. See

    www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tutorial/english *

    Enjoy it - or even better: improve it!

    Bye
    Karl

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    25
    Hello,

    could somone of the forum moderators be so kind
    and move this topic to the forum "News"?

    I don't know why but I am not allowed to post
    new topics in the forum "News".

    Thank you and bye
    Karl

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    schock,

    Only mods can begin posts in the News forum, but I will move this post to News. I don't have time right now, but you might want to add this (or a link to this) in the Docs section. The Docs section is a wiki so anyone can add to it. Just click the "edit" button at the bottom of the proper page.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Oh and by the way, nice work!

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    25
    Hello Aay,

    > I will move this post to News.

    Thank you very much.

    > you might want to add this (or a link to this) in the Docs section

    That's a good idea. I added links in FaqUsing, GetSupport and KnoppixLinks.

    > Oh and by the way, nice work!

    For your pleasure.

    Bye
    Karl

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    I have found a bug in your tutorial

    In Lesson 2 - Configuring Knoppix, I. Configuring the screen, 2. Use the KDE Control Panel, you say
    Click there with your left mouse button at the tab "Index" first on "Peripherals" and there on "Display". With this you open the "XFree86 Configuratin"-window
    However I can find nowhere an option to open KXConfig there. You seem to imply that KXConfig will open automatically. That would be really neat, but the only way I have found to run KXConfig is with Alt+F2, I didn't even know that such a useful thing existed.

    I'm using Knoppix 3.5 LinuxTag DVD with lang=en, but the same applies to 3.4.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Spelling errors

    I noticed a repeating spelling error. The word "than" is incorrect and should be "then" in most places.

    Other than that it's nice to see somebody making yet a Knoppix tutorial.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    25
    Hello vedran,

    > In Lesson 2 - Configuring Knoppix, I. Configuring the screen, 2. Use
    > the KDE Control Panel, you say

    > Click ... on "Display". With this you open the "XFree86
    > Configuratin"-window

    > However I can find nowhere an option to open KXConfig there.

    No option is necessary.

    > You seem to imply that KXConfig will open automatically.

    Yes. A **click on "Display"** opens the KXConfig-Window
    automatically as you can see in the image beneath the text.

    Bye
    Karl

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re: Spelling errors

    Hello sn0wflake

    > I noticed a repeating spelling error. The word "than" is incorrect
    > and should be "then" in most places.

    Indeed, this error occurs more often "then" tolerable

    Bye
    Karl

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2

    Tutorial - Spelling Errors

    I found the posts about the word "than" being misused a bit odd.
    I didn't find any instances of the words "than" or "then" being used incorrectly. I have to assume that the document has been updated since these previous posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Remastering Tutorial?
    By esher2292 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 12:49 PM
  2. Any tutorial for Knoppix HD-installation
    By TooShort in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 05:14 PM
  3. Knoppix Tutorial (Translation D->E | new one)
    By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 03:12 PM
  4. Tutorial Knoppix?
    By mabhatter in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:42 PM
  5. Contrib: Knoppix Tutorial
    By Carlos_E_Morimoto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$166.24



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$165.58