knx-hdinstall is no longer available...and you left off the 'er' in knoppix-installer unless that's just a typo here.
I have installed, several times, knoppix 3.3 using the script.
I have just downloaded 3.4, poped it into the machine and am running it off of the CD.
I now want to install it into the hard drive, and yes, overwritting 3.3 is fine.
I have tried to run the scripts sudo knoppix-install and even the older sudo knx-hdinstall, with no luck, other than a message that these commands does not exist.
I have looked at /usr/local/bin but bin doesnt exist, only /usr/local/sbin, which has NO scripts/files...
Any recommendations on how to get an install script going on the box?
Thanks
Jerry
knx-hdinstall is no longer available...and you left off the 'er' in knoppix-installer unless that's just a typo here.
Originally Posted by champagnemojo
Not a typo, just trying to follow the FAQ at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqInstall
which is knoppix-intall, BUT you are correct, it is supposed to be knoppix-installer, not the knoppix-install!!!
Thanks for that easy, quick fix, I appreciate it!
Jerry

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00