Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What the heck!!! SCO just jumped a whole dollar!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157

    What the heck!!! SCO just jumped a whole dollar!!!

    I don't know if anyone has been keeping score, but SCO stocks have been declining every day for a long time.... Today the jumped up a whole dollar! Does anyone know why?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    USA, Louisiana, Oil City
    Posts
    20
    Some call it the "Dead Cat Bounce"



    Kenneth

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Really? I have never heard that before. But it sound like it fits!

    I don't usually hope death on people, but that company needs to be dead. Just to show you can't kill the good guy, or freedom.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hunkah,

    I am affriad I have been out of the "stock" market for more than 3 years now, and before that, I worked at a stock transfer company, mostly "penny" stocks that we worked in, so, enlighten me...

    I looked at NasDaq and all I could locate was a "re-insuring" company using the "tag" SCO, which the full name of the company, using the SCO tag, was SCOR...

    What is the SCO, if this is not the correct researched company in question, NasDaq has shown the above mentioned company going for around $1.34 per share, and yesterday it jumped only about $.10 to $1.43 per share - I don't think this is the stock you were talking about...

    Thanks for any information - I can be SOOOO clueless sometimes,
    Ms. Cuddles

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    Hunkah,

    I looked at NasDaq and all I could locate was a "re-insuring" company using the "tag" SCO, which the full name of the company, using the SCO tag, was SCOR...

    What is the SCO, if this is not the correct researched company in question, NasDaq has shown the above mentioned company going for around $1.34 per share, and yesterday it jumped only about $.10 to $1.43 per share - I don't think this is the stock you were talking about...

    Thanks for any information - I can be SOOOO clueless sometimes,
    Ms. Cuddles
    SCOX

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Yes it is SCOX (pronounced sucks!) Here is a link to yahoo's stock link.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SCOX&d=t

    BTW it dropped again back down to what is was.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hmmmm, and I would take it, these guys are the BAD guys ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo Stock: SCOX Company Profile
    In January 2003, The SCO Group established its SCOsource division to review and enforce its intellectual property surrounding the UNIX operating system
    Especially if these "guys" found "code fragments" of what they feel are "there code" within any releases of "Open Sounce" -=- am I right ????

    Ms. Cuddles

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    There is a small but big war going on. It will determine if Linux will remain free. It is because a company that once created a version of Linux couldn't make money from Linux. It abandoned Linux and bought the UNIX source from Novell. Well now it is saying that there is UNIX code in Linux. But it can't find any! It is actually a HUGE war. It is a 5 Billion lawsuit involving IBM Novell SCO RedHat two other "users" of Linux and us!

    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...=wn_tophead_11

Similar Threads

  1. Grub and Knoppix - wot tha' heck?
    By CptKrf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:09 AM
  2. What the Heck cant get online......
    By cowmamba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage HP DVD +r/+rw Writer DVD300i New Record At 4X picture

Vintage HP DVD +r/+rw Writer DVD300i New Record At 4X

$74.99



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition picture

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition

$199.99



Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264 picture

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264

$100.00



Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks  picture

Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks

$59.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



DEC Alpha CPU 290A 21064-CA 166 21-35023-14 166Mhz rare vintage CPU GOLD picture

DEC Alpha CPU 290A 21064-CA 166 21-35023-14 166Mhz rare vintage CPU GOLD

$109.95



Intel Pentium 66 A80501-66 SX950 uncommon vintage CPU GOLD picture

Intel Pentium 66 A80501-66 SX950 uncommon vintage CPU GOLD

$72.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive picture

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive

$114.88