-
Keyboard troubles with Knoppix Kernel 2.6.6
I have the Logitech cordless MX duo. Whenever I try to start Knoppix with the new Kernel my keyboard completely stops responding. I can't even turn on the Num-lock and Caps-lock lights. I works fine when I boot the cd, but as soon as I start it with the the kernel it stops.
It works fine with kernel 2.4.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Pardon my naivete, and please be gentle with any flames, but how in the world would Knoppix know what kind of keyboard you were using, at least for 102 key ASCII symbols? I mean, the keyboard talks to the receiver in proprietary dialog, but once it goes from the receiver to the computer, how would the OS even 'know'? By chance, is 2.6 kernel failing to detect the USB port the receiver is plugged into, but 2.4 can?
Just a thought.
BTW, there is an issue with USB optical mice, and since you have a duo, maybe that's the key. See Bug #12, here: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...3.4-2004-05-17 Maybe the mouse issue prevents the KB from working also. Poke around in the bugs section (tab at the top), and see if that might lead you anywhere.
Actually, now that I think about it, my daughter's computer has a Logitech wireless combo, but we fed them into the PS/2 adapters, IIRC. She ran Reversi in Knoppix 3.4/2.6 with that setup, and typed her name into the list of winners at the end of each game she won. Do you still have your adapters, and do you have PS/2 ports available?
JD
-
I am using the PS/2 ports for my keyboard and mouse. My mouse works fine its just my keyboard.
-
Exact same problem
S'up from MTL
I have the exact same problem :S
I have an IBM kb-9910 ps/2 keyboard (like this one.)
My mobo is a KT3 Ultra2 (Standard Version).
kernel 2.6 is damn fast (as I've seen on other computers) but I'd like it to work on mine too!
Similar Threads
-
By J_nosa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
-
By yosef in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 11:46 AM
-
By catlord17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 06:15 PM
-
By knopperj in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99