Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Keyboard troubles with Knoppix Kernel 2.6.6

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard troubles with Knoppix Kernel 2.6.6

    I have the Logitech cordless MX duo. Whenever I try to start Knoppix with the new Kernel my keyboard completely stops responding. I can't even turn on the Num-lock and Caps-lock lights. I works fine when I boot the cd, but as soon as I start it with the the kernel it stops.

    It works fine with kernel 2.4.

    Any suggestions on how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Pardon my naivete, and please be gentle with any flames, but how in the world would Knoppix know what kind of keyboard you were using, at least for 102 key ASCII symbols? I mean, the keyboard talks to the receiver in proprietary dialog, but once it goes from the receiver to the computer, how would the OS even 'know'? By chance, is 2.6 kernel failing to detect the USB port the receiver is plugged into, but 2.4 can?

    Just a thought.

    BTW, there is an issue with USB optical mice, and since you have a duo, maybe that's the key. See Bug #12, here: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...3.4-2004-05-17 Maybe the mouse issue prevents the KB from working also. Poke around in the bugs section (tab at the top), and see if that might lead you anywhere.

    Actually, now that I think about it, my daughter's computer has a Logitech wireless combo, but we fed them into the PS/2 adapters, IIRC. She ran Reversi in Knoppix 3.4/2.6 with that setup, and typed her name into the list of winners at the end of each game she won. Do you still have your adapters, and do you have PS/2 ports available?

    JD

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    I am using the PS/2 ports for my keyboard and mouse. My mouse works fine its just my keyboard.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Exact same problem

    S'up from MTL

    I have the exact same problem :S
    I have an IBM kb-9910 ps/2 keyboard (like this one.)

    My mobo is a KT3 Ultra2 (Standard Version).

    kernel 2.6 is damn fast (as I've seen on other computers) but I'd like it to work on mine too!

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard is unresponsive after Kernel loads. Need help
    By J_nosa in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 11:46 AM
  3. Knoppix troubles - help!
    By catlord17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
  4. Upgrading Kernel Troubles
    By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 06:15 PM
  5. Troubles booting Knoppix...
    By knopperj in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99