Um...navigate in Mozilla's "Save As" dialog box to your home directory, and save your file there, rather than in /tmp? Or is that what you meant?![]()
Whenever I download large ISO's using Mozilla the downlaod always fails at around 300Mb with a message such as - Not Enough Room to Save /tmp/filename.exe. I have roughly 300MB /ramdisk so the failure appears consistent with the amount of free ramdisk.
I have already created a permanent home directory of 5GB. How do I get around this?.
Um...navigate in Mozilla's "Save As" dialog box to your home directory, and save your file there, rather than in /tmp? Or is that what you meant?![]()
Thanks I was stupidly saving my files in /ramdisk/home/knoppix. Saving to /home/knoppix resolved the problem.
From mozilla Bugzilla Bug 69938 http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=69938
'Downloads are stored in $TMPDIR|$TMP|$TEMP|/tmp first and then moved to the selected path only after the download finishes'
Ah, now your question makes sense. Thanks.
Interesting bugzilla link. Down near the bottom, someone says that Mozilla now stops saving your download in $TEMP as soon as you choose a directory, if that's true.
You might consider using the "ftp" utility from the command line (actually, "ncftp" would be better, but it doesn't seem to be on the Live CD) to download large files like ISOs from ftp sites, instead of Mozilla.
Would it help to have a swap file?

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
$75.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89