-
Junior Member
registered user
parallel port zip250 with livecd
I am trying to use a zip250 attached via scsi cables. I can't seem to be able to load the imm module.
when i give the command as root
modprobe imm
I get the message:
/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o: insmod imm failed
I then gave the comand
dmesg to see if anything occured anyway. these are the last few line of dmesg:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
lp0: console ready
ppa: Version 2.07 (for Linux 2.4.x)
WARNING - no ppa compatible devices found.
As of 31/Aug/1998 Iomega started shipping parallel
port ZIP drives with a different interface which is
supported by the imm (ZIP Plus) driver. If the
cable is marked with "AutoDetect", this is what has
happened.
imm: Version 2.05 (for Linux 2.4.0)
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)
VM: killing process kdeinit
imm: Version 2.05 (for Linux 2.4.0)
Now I am wondering if the module can be loaded as a boot parameter. I googled it and found : http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/mlbparams.html
I am about to use this line as an option: scsihosts=advansys:imm::ide-scsi
I hope it does kill this computer!
If anyone can help please or give me some counsel, please...
Similar Threads
-
By Scarletdown in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By jdong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 03:11 AM
-
By tas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM Server Memory (HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF) - Preowned
$149.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y
$270.00

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50