Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Lantech Wireless 802.11b USB adapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6

    Lantech Wireless 802.11b USB adapter

    Hi all,

    Just installed Knoppix on the recommendation of a friend, and it's pretty cool, 'cept not much without an Internet connection. I use a USB wireless adapter, Lantech WL-590 802.11b one to be precise, and Knoppix doesn't know what to do with it. It recognises that there's a USB device there, it just doesn't know what it is. I've had a quick look through the board and found a few results for WLAN cards, but came up empty on the USB front. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    Well, I've worked it out - it's running on an Atmel chipset, so I managed to get it going by installing the Atmel drivers.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15

    help

    could u tell me how u got it working? I cant seem to figure it out.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    IIRC, all I had to do was install the Atmel drivers, then set up the config file for ifconfig, run ifconfig, then iwconfig, and viola.

  5. #5
    i have lantech wl-590 too
    where can i get that drivers?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    God I wish I remembered how I did that... I've long since dumped and now reinstalled Knoppix, and I've got the Atmel drivers going from here, but now it won't recognize or connect to my access point. Any ideas anyone?

Similar Threads

  1. Belkin USB 802.11b Wireless adapter
    By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
  2. Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)
    By Carey in forum Networking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:56 PM
  3. D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless Adapter
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
  4. What Wireless Adapter ?
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM
  5. Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    By jeff_20_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested picture

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested

$285.00



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



GVP 68030 33MHz Accelerator Amiga 2000 68882 4MB TESTED Manuals Software picture

GVP 68030 33MHz Accelerator Amiga 2000 68882 4MB TESTED Manuals Software

$300.00



Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read picture

Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read

$699.95



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



AMIGA Commodore A1200 picture

AMIGA Commodore A1200

$999.99



Commodore Amiga 500 Ram Expansion 512KB + Switch - Fast USA Seller picture

Commodore Amiga 500 Ram Expansion 512KB + Switch - Fast USA Seller

$24.99



Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000 picture

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000

$599.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00