Hi there I have a Compaq Presario x1096. I can play CDs and mp3s pretty well on Knoppix 3.4. However when GAIM makes a sounds while I'm playing some songs, the whole sound card screws up and won't play anymore!! Any pointers? Thx!
Hi there I have a Compaq Presario x1096. I can play CDs and mp3s pretty well on Knoppix 3.4. However when GAIM makes a sounds while I'm playing some songs, the whole sound card screws up and won't play anymore!! Any pointers? Thx!
This might work, go to preferences (in gaim), from the tools menu and turn off sounds by unchecking boxes under sound events.
Hey thx!
Is there a more permanent solution to fix it though?
Are you booting with 'knoppix alsa'?

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00