I can't help with specifics, but you might want to let everyone know what kind of modem it is you're using.
I am new to Knoppix and Linux period. Just picked up Knoppix Live-CD 3.4 at a PC shop. My major malfunction with it is it wont dial out or recognize a modem and I can't figure out how to either install the drivers, where to find them on the PC, or on the net! lol
If there's some more info you need, hollar back and I'll attempt to get it to ya. Thanks for reading this at the very least.
Regards,
Rob
I can't help with specifics, but you might want to let everyone know what kind of modem it is you're using.
Yea I guess that might help. This is the drive installed for windows.
U.S. Robotics x2 Winmodem Fax

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer Retro System Console Untested Parts Repair Only
$119.99
Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00
Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00
Atari 1020 Color Plotter Printer Parts: Cover, Paper, Spindle, Tapes, Pens
$32.50