I am trying to use a zip250 attached via scsi cables. I can't seem to be able to load the imm module.
when i give the command as root
modprobe imm
I get the message:
I then gave the comand/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.o: insmod imm failed
dmesg to see if anything occured anyway. these are the last few line of dmesg:
Now I am wondering if the module can be loaded as a boot parameter. I googled it and found : http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/mlbparams.htmlparport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
lp0: console ready
ppa: Version 2.07 (for Linux 2.4.x)
WARNING - no ppa compatible devices found.
As of 31/Aug/1998 Iomega started shipping parallel
port ZIP drives with a different interface which is
supported by the imm (ZIP Plus) driver. If the
cable is marked with "AutoDetect", this is what has
happened.
imm: Version 2.05 (for Linux 2.4.0)
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)
VM: killing process kdeinit
imm: Version 2.05 (for Linux 2.4.0)
I am about to use this line as an option: scsihosts=advansys:imm::ide-scsi
I hope it does kill this computer!![]()
If anyone can help please or give me some counsel, please...

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping
$22.99
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00