-
Reassigning mouse button function
This is probably a generic Linux question but I can't find the answer anywhere (I've tried google, #knoppix on freenode) so would appreciate some help.
I have a Compaq wireless optical mouse with a scroll wheel which is also a push button currently bound to the Paste function (I believe that it's a more-or-less standard 5-button mouse). This button is rather sensitive and I'd like to change its binding so that it does nothing. It gets rather annoying when I'm using Kate for example and having done a cut/paste (using ^V) from one place to another and I then rapidly scroll through the text only to have the scroll button click and end up pasting what I previously copied into some random place in my code. So I just want that button to do nothing - which is what it does in Windows.
XFMouse doesn't appear to be able to do this and I've also played with xmodmap but the only docs I can find about it show how to swap the order in which the buttons are interpreted - such as flipping them for a left handed user.
How do I fix it so that the scroll button doesn't nothing at all and the other buttons stay as they are?
Best Wishes
Pete
-
Hey, did you ever get this solved?
I have the same problem with pasting where I didn't intend.
I found that I can run xmodmap -e "pointer 1 9 3 4 5" and the wheel button no longer functions (ya!).
I haven't figured out how to make this configuration active at boot time. Probono wrote in another post that you can put things in your knoppix.sh. I don't have that file anywhere on my HD install. I created a knoppix.sh file in my home directory with the xmodmap command in it but that didn't work. I also tried putting the argument in a .xmodmaprc file in my home directory and in the root directory. No good. Any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...143&highlight=
Might need to some other research to fix, but this is a good start.
Similar Threads
-
By harryhood in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:11 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By robwelch100 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By joeguitar99 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Kubotek KeyCreator 3D CAD Modeling Software Box 2000’s
$199.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*
$149.99

Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial
$906.39

8 Inch Floppy Disk Lot of 109 Assorted Brands Maxell KAO Vintage Media Games Ins
$195.00

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72