-
Senior Member
registered user
multiboot
nishita your prob is prbably the fact its an initrd kernel.
there are numberous ways around this but I find the most convenient is a small partition for /boot
I let each distro do what it wants and overwrite the MBR then copy the /boot stuff (renaming as appopriate and not copying the symlinks like vmlinuz BUT not forgetting hidden files ...
backup the installed lilo.conf then I find the previous lilo.conf and copy it to /etc and edit it to add the last distro and rerun. (you need to make sure you keep all the correct copies by kernel name)
Once you do this you can use your apt cache to reinstall all the stuff from the other version of kanotix.... (I think /var/apt/cache) Im at work now so hard to be exact!
then I copy the /etc/apt/sources.list
and apt-get upsdate
then run synaptic and see upgradable packages since you might have later version you might prefer.
None of this touches your sacred BH4.... but it should give you everything you want...
another trick is I have a large /shared partition I use as a quasi home.
if you share your home across distros then .kde and other stuff gets messy thus I mount a partition as /home/user/shared for all the non specific stuff... (downloads/docs etc.)
Similar Threads
-
By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 02:10 PM
-
By hadar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 06:39 AM
-
By horo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99

2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00