I been using RH for the longest time and I have trouble locating the files I need in knoppix, in order to hook up my second computer to my first computer that will act as a ateway.
help?![]()
I been using RH for the longest time and I have trouble locating the files I need in knoppix, in order to hook up my second computer to my first computer that will act as a ateway.
help?![]()
The file /etc/network/interfaces is where your settings for the card are contained example file below:Originally Posted by iason
For Static settings
Code:# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8) # The loopback interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback # The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian installation # (network, broadcast and gateway are optional) auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.0.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 gateway 192.168.0.254
Your nameservers settings would be in the file /etc/resolv.conf example file:
You only need the one nameserver line the search of your domain and the extra nameserver are not necessary.Code:search wolf nameserver 192.168.1.10 nameserver 192.168.1.34
The hostname for your computer is set in the file /etc/hostname and that is just one line with the hostname for your computer example:
Code:HappyTux
You would edit these files as root and put in your required settings once you have made the changes /etc/init.d/networking restart as root in a console window to re-start your networking with the new settings or just start if the network is already down.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00