You might need to use the right <u>cheat code</u> or combination of cheat codes. At the boot prompt, try something like," knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600" without the quotation marks.
Hi,
I have never had a problem running the 3.4 CD on my notebook computer. However, I cannot get it to work on my cheapy desktop computer.
The desktop doesn't have a graphics card, for it uses onboard graphics. Do you think that is why it does not work? When I boot the CD, I get the initial screen that says Knoppix 3.4, and then when I press "enter" I never see anything again. Of course, on my notebook, after I push enter I see it detecting all the hardware, and then eventually everything is ready. On my desktop, all I ever see is a black screen after I hit enter.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
You might need to use the right <u>cheat code</u> or combination of cheat codes. At the boot prompt, try something like," knoppix vga=normal screen=800x600" without the quotation marks.
Thanks Duckdodgers.
By using vga=normal I was able to get to one more screen, but then nothing happens after that.
The next screen says "Uncompressing linux...Ok, botting the kernel"
and nothing ever happens after that. I also tried adding pci=biosirq and mem=512M, but nothing worked.
Any ideas? Thanks so much.
<deleted repeated post>
Try to change the refreshrate of your screen. Something like "vsync=60" or so.
I think I'm past the screen issues now though because I can now get to the next screen, but nothing happens after the following message:Originally Posted by pulsar
"Uncompressing linux...Ok, botting the kernel"
What could be the issue? Thanks so much.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$179.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00