Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: rescue data w/k3b only one drive

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by kelmo
    You could resize your ntfs partition for the time being allowing for the creation of a 1GB linux partition and use the knoppix tohd=/dev/hda2 boot option, and then eject the cd.
    Kelmo,

    Thanks for your idea. I didn't know about tohd, and I've never messed with XP's
    resize.

    By the time I saw your message, I'd already done what I told aay about. Besides,
    her drive really needed to start over.

    Thanks again.

    Wanda

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    Well it's now too late but just so you have an idea here's what I did in the same situation:

    1) Load up Knoppix everything normal.

    2) Run standard config on K3B

    3) Set up all the files to burn and then click "Burn"

    4) Knoppix gets all mad and tells you the disk isn't blank but select force from the menu.

    5) The CD will try to burn again and then the knoppix disk will eject and K3B will tell you the burn failed.

    6) Stick a blank CD-R in and complete the burn then stick the knoppix CD back in and everything runs nicely.

    Hope your other solution worked out for you.

    -Dave

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchil
    Well it's now too late but just so you have an idea here's what I did in the same situation:
    [snip]
    Dave,

    I'll surely try your method when I can get back to that machine in the
    next day or so. Basically, you out-stubborned the thing! I love it.

    Using the 2nd hard drive worked, but was a real pain.

    Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes.

    Wanda

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by wandaround
    Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes.Wanda
    Unless you have swap space (which I presume you wouldn't with your hard drive issue) would you run out of memory with this approach? I guess the worst that could happen is that you have to reboot. Let us know how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to pull data off my SATA drive to my IDE..
    By bluedevlx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
  2. help getting data off of a hard drive...
    By thebyrd in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
  3. Additional important tools for data rescue
    By kuser123 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:41 AM
  4. Retrieving Data from unbootable H/Drive
    By mizou in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:08 AM
  5. Data Rescue and General Use Documentation
    By cedricshock in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Clean Retro Apple Macintosh PowerBook 520 - Vintage Laptop - Tested And Working picture

Clean Retro Apple Macintosh PowerBook 520 - Vintage Laptop - Tested And Working

$149.99



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple Power Macintosh 6100/66 M1596 - WORKING picture

Vintage Apple Power Macintosh 6100/66 M1596 - WORKING

$149.95



Vtg Apple Macintosh SE SuperDrive (FDHD) Computer Boots to Desktop Sold AS IS picture

Vtg Apple Macintosh SE SuperDrive (FDHD) Computer Boots to Desktop Sold AS IS

$140.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic II Computer M4159 FULLY Recapped + BlueSCSI picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic II Computer M4159 FULLY Recapped + BlueSCSI

$300.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5

Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5" Hard Drive IBM WDS-280 PowerBook 1992

$65.00



Apple Power Macintosh 6100/60AV M1596 Vintage picture

Apple Power Macintosh 6100/60AV M1596 Vintage

$129.99