-

Originally Posted by
kelmo
You could resize your ntfs partition for the time being allowing for the creation of a 1GB linux partition and use the knoppix tohd=/dev/hda2 boot option, and then eject the cd.
Kelmo,
Thanks for your idea. I didn't know about tohd, and I've never messed with XP's
resize.
By the time I saw your message, I'd already done what I told aay about. Besides,
her drive really needed to start over.
Thanks again.
Wanda
-
Well it's now too late but just so you have an idea here's what I did in the same situation:
1) Load up Knoppix everything normal.
2) Run standard config on K3B
3) Set up all the files to burn and then click "Burn"
4) Knoppix gets all mad and tells you the disk isn't blank but select force from the menu.
5) The CD will try to burn again and then the knoppix disk will eject and K3B will tell you the burn failed.
6) Stick a blank CD-R in and complete the burn then stick the knoppix CD back in and everything runs nicely.
Hope your other solution worked out for you.
-Dave
-

Originally Posted by
winterchil
Well it's now too late but just so you have an idea here's what I did in the same situation:
[snip]
Dave,
I'll surely try your method when I can get back to that machine in the
next day or so. Basically, you out-stubborned the thing! I love it.
Using the 2nd hard drive worked, but was a real pain.
Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes.
Wanda
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
wandaround
Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes.Wanda
Unless you have swap space (which I presume you wouldn't with your hard drive issue) would you run out of memory with this approach? I guess the worst that could happen is that you have to reboot. Let us know how it goes.
Similar Threads
-
By bluedevlx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By thebyrd in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
-
By kuser123 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:41 AM
-
By mizou in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:08 AM
-
By cedricshock in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62