Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Does Knoppix need a DVD?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9

    Does Knoppix need a DVD?

    I have been trying to get Knoppix to burn to a CD ROM, but all attempts have failed. The burning software says the knoppix image is to big to fit. I have never had this problem with RedHat Linux, FreeBSD or Gentoo. What is wrong?

    Thank you for your time,
    Arrummzen

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    It will fit onto a standard 700MB cd just fine. If you search, you'll find some others asking about this though, so you're not alone. But, if I recall correctly I think it has to do with finalizing the cd or something...i.e. make sure you tell it to finalize.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9
    hmmm... my CDs all say 650 MB. Do I need to go buy one that says 700 mb?

    Thank you for your time,
    arrummzen

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    I think the image is 686MB or so...so, I don't see it fitting on a 650MB cd. I think you're gonna need to get a 700MB disc.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9
    Ok, I went to the store and baught a stack of 700 mb CD-RWs, and it looks like its working.

    Thank you for your time,
    Arrummzen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks

$124.99



Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch

$249.99



Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP picture

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP

$139.00



Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97