Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: error installing synaptic

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    11

    error installing synaptic

    noob with Knoppix 3.4 here...
    First I did a apt-get update whic appers to have been successful. Then I tried to install synaptic and this is what happened...

    root@LinuxBox:/# apt-get install synaptic
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    The following extra packages will be installed:
    docbook-xml libscrollkeeper0 libzvt2.0-0 scrollkeeper sgml-data
    Suggested packages:
    docbook docbook-doc docbook-dsssl docbook-xsl perlsgml doc-html-w3 opensp
    libgnome2-perl apt-watch
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    docbook-xml libscrollkeeper0 libzvt2.0-0 scrollkeeper sgml-data synaptic
    0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 376 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B/2093kB of archives.
    After unpacking 9083kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
    dpkg-deb: subprocess tar killed by signal (Bus error)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/sgml-data_2.0.2_all.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
    dpkg-deb: subprocess tar killed by signal (Bus error)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/docbook-xml_4.3-1_all.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
    dpkg-deb: subprocess tar killed by signal (Bus error)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libscrollkeeper0_0.3.14-8_i386.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
    dpkg-deb: subprocess tar killed by signal (Bus error)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libzvt2.0-0_2.0.1cvs20021009-4_i386.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
    dpkg-deb: subprocess tar killed by signal (Bus error)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/scrollkeeper_0.3.14-8_i386.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
    dpkg-deb: subprocess tar killed by signal (Bus error)
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/synaptic_0.48.2-4_i386.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/sgml-data_2.0.2_all.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/docbook-xml_4.3-1_all.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libscrollkeeper0_0.3.14-8_i386.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libzvt2.0-0_2.0.1cvs20021009-4_i386.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/scrollkeeper_0.3.14-8_i386.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/synaptic_0.48.2-4_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

    What's wrong and how do I fix?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    111
    Noob with 3.3 here

    apt-get is the best program I ever used to mess things up.

    I tried that error. It turn out to be something with
    Package Dependencies
    and I did a forced installed and it worked.

    please see:
    http://www.g-tec.co.at/ati.html

    It might help you even the actuall package name is different.

Similar Threads

  1. error when installing
    By Gralfus in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 08:20 AM
  2. Error in installing 3.7
    By NDT_69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 11:18 AM
  3. error installing knoppix on hd
    By karplus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:30 AM
  4. error installing synaptic
    By riechert in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:21 PM
  5. Error when installing Knoppix on HD
    By Mogiin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos picture

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos

$295.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard picture

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard

$79.00



Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4  picture

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4

$59.45



Lot 15 Vintage ISA Controller Cards IDE MFM RLL Winchester Floppy I/O PC XT AT picture

Lot 15 Vintage ISA Controller Cards IDE MFM RLL Winchester Floppy I/O PC XT AT

$179.95



15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT picture

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT

$149.95



15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT picture

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT

$149.95



Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM picture

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM

$129.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00