-
can't detect cdrom
I am still finding its flakey. What I did was change "user" to "users" and deleted "noexec". It seemed to work on the next reboot and then not after that.
Also if I put a music cd in, I couldn't manage to mount it but surprise, if I started the play music cd pgm on the menu, that worked.
Just out of interest what system are you running on. Mine is an Athlon 1gz on a Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 Motherboard. As not too many others seem to have this problem maybe its a hardware glitch. However I did have 3.3 working nicely on the hd.
Warning, I am self taught and I recommend reading "man fstab" (enter this at a command line) first, I have just glossed over it.
David.
Similar Threads
-
By Oswald Glinkmeyer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By Benbread in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:22 AM
-
By altalingua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM
-
By tzo64 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:49 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73