-
can't detect cdrom
Its working again today, I've been using linux since 98, you learn something every day. I think one thing would help linux is a brief orientation to whats under the hood, these useful little command line utilities. There's another one which is an undelete utility, trouble is I've forgotten what the command is. I'm sure it is in knoppix, I deleted a secondary partition on my laptop and lost the logicals attached to it... I had everything backed up except one directory and have managed to reconstruct most of the files from that.
Thanks again.
David.
root@Tbird:/home/drg# lsof /mnt/auto/cdrom
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
kdeinit 1064 drg 128r DIR 11,0 2048 233472 /mnt/auto/cdrom
Similar Threads
-
By Oswald Glinkmeyer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By Benbread in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:22 AM
-
By altalingua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM
-
By tzo64 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:49 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00