Here goes, I am trying out the LiveCD of Knoppix just to have a play with it on my laptop. I have a wireless ad-hoc network here at home, where my desktop is connected to Ozemail ADSL and I use the WiFi to connect to it on the laptop.
The config in Windows XP on the desktop is 192.168.0.1, and the laptop is 192.168.0.4, I set the default gateway to 192.168.0.4 so I can connect to the net fom the laptop, and everything works well.
Now on Knoppix I have managed to connect the computers wirelessly as they can ping eachother,I used the same gateway as I do in windows, but I am unable to connect to the internet or ping any web pages from the laptop with knoppix on it, says something like no such host.
Is there anything I should know or try when I configure the network and wlcard next time I run knoppix that would let me connect to the internet?
TIA from a Linux noob.
Cheers
Fludey

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$380.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor
$360.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00