Here goes, I am trying out the LiveCD of Knoppix just to have a play with it on my laptop. I have a wireless ad-hoc network here at home, where my desktop is connected to Ozemail ADSL and I use the WiFi to connect to it on the laptop.
The config in Windows XP on the desktop is 192.168.0.1, and the laptop is 192.168.0.4, I set the default gateway to 192.168.0.4 so I can connect to the net fom the laptop, and everything works well.
Now on Knoppix I have managed to connect the computers wirelessly as they can ping eachother,I used the same gateway as I do in windows, but I am unable to connect to the internet or ping any web pages from the laptop with knoppix on it, says something like no such host.
Is there anything I should know or try when I configure the network and wlcard next time I run knoppix that would let me connect to the internet?
TIA from a Linux noob.
Cheers
Fludey

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Vintage Apple Keyboard II Mo487 In Black
$300.00
Vintage Apple AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone MC745LL/A COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010
$99.00
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00