Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: small problem with device icons

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    3

    small problem with device icons

    I'm a Linux newbie, but I successfully installed knoppix on my hdd and i'm very happy with it.
    However I have this small, but annoying problem. I changed my 2 cdrom mountpoints in /etc/fstab and I see them in Devices in Konqueror, they work perfectly. Device icons on the desktop icons didn't change though, the cdrom icons just link to the old and wrong mountpoints. I tried deleting them and disabling them in Control Center -> Desktop -> Behaviour -> Device Icons as I don't need them, but even when disabled, they still show up after reboot.
    I did a forum search, but couldn't find anything that would work Hopefully someone can help me

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Right click on the icon, select properties, click on the devices tab and insert the correct path.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    3
    Yes, I tried that before too, but the path gets reset after a reboot. I partially fixed the icons now, by creating links to the right mountpoints instead of the directories that the icons link to. Still, is there some way to disable the icons completely?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    3
    Sorry for double posting, but I fixed my problem.
    I edited /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig and commented the 'update_desktop_hdicons' line here:
    Code:
    then
    	case "$SYSTEM_TYPE" in
    		debian)
    			system_mode_debian
    		;;
    		beginner)
    			system_mode_beginner
    			# update_desktop_hdicons
    		;;
    	esac
    fi
    then I deleted the old icons and created new ones for all my devices

Similar Threads

  1. how do i get rid of the device icons on my desktop?
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:42 PM
  2. How to remove device icons on Desktop?
    By matbehns in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
  3. Missed tabs on devices properties (and device icons)
    By stux in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 11:31 AM
  4. Icons problem
    By dr_zlo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 11:41 AM
  5. Icons problem
    By dr_zlo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot Of (12) SKhynix 8Gb DDR4-3200AA Desktop Pc Ram/Memory (Used) picture

Lot Of (12) SKhynix 8Gb DDR4-3200AA Desktop Pc Ram/Memory (Used)

$399.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39