Here goes, I am trying out the LiveCD of Knoppix just to have a play with it on my laptop. I have a wireless ad-hoc network here at home, where my desktop is connected to Ozemail ADSL and I use the WiFi to connect to it on the laptop.
The config in Windows XP on the desktop is 192.168.0.1, and the laptop is 192.168.0.4, I set the default gateway to 192.168.0.4 so I can connect to the net fom the laptop, and everything works well.
Now on Knoppix I have managed to connect the computers wirelessly as they can ping eachother,I used the same gateway as I do in windows, but I am unable to connect to the internet or ping any web pages from the laptop with knoppix on it, says something like no such host.
Is there anything I should know or try when I configure the network and wlcard next time I run knoppix that would let me connect to the internet?
TIA from a Linux noob.
Cheers
Fludey

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
SAMSUNG GALAXY BOOK 6 - 14" Intel Ultra 7 355 16GB RAM/512GB Win11 *BARELY USED
$850.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Gray Wi‑Fi 8.7in Android Tablet SM-T220
$75.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung XE303 C12 Chromebook 11.6 1.7GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, working condition
$42.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ 5G SM-X218U 64GB Graphite Tablet READ DESC
$39.99