Sure you need lilo or another boot loader. You can actually edit .knofig (the installers config file) so that it installs grub instead of lilo. Congrats on the move from wimpdoze. May the source be with you.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Lately, I've only used dual-boot solutions with lilo in the mbr via knoppix-installer. Is there anything special about setting up a machine with just one partition only for KNOPPIX?
Imagine that, I'm about to enter the world of Linux without WIMxP or any over form of windoze! Do I even need lilo?
OOO, scarry, isn't it.
TIA,
AJG
Sure you need lilo or another boot loader. You can actually edit .knofig (the installers config file) so that it installs grub instead of lilo. Congrats on the move from wimpdoze. May the source be with you.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Well the first year I used KNOPPIX, I went with a class set of liveCDs for my students (including a boot floppy and a data floppy)!
The following year I used the poormans' install on a wimpdoze partition.
This last year I went with a dual boot.
It is time!
Thanx,
AJG
PS: I did have a hd-install of Slackware for several years before KNOPPIX came on the scene. Thank God it did when it did 'cause my hdds were failing....

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS
$125.00
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29