Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: KNOPPIX on hda1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    KNOPPIX on hda1

    Lately, I've only used dual-boot solutions with lilo in the mbr via knoppix-installer. Is there anything special about setting up a machine with just one partition only for KNOPPIX?

    Imagine that, I'm about to enter the world of Linux without WIMxP or any over form of windoze! Do I even need lilo?

    OOO, scarry, isn't it.

    TIA,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: KNOPPIX on hda1

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Lately, I've only used dual-boot solutions with lilo in the mbr via knoppix-installer. Is there anything special about setting up a machine with just one partition only for KNOPPIX?

    Imagine that, I'm about to enter the world of Linux without WIMxP or any over form of windoze! Do I even need lilo?

    OOO, scarry, isn't it.

    TIA,
    AJG
    Sure you need lilo or another boot loader. You can actually edit .knofig (the installers config file) so that it installs grub instead of lilo. Congrats on the move from wimpdoze. May the source be with you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Well the first year I used KNOPPIX, I went with a class set of liveCDs for my students (including a boot floppy and a data floppy)!

    The following year I used the poormans' install on a wimpdoze partition.

    This last year I went with a dual boot.

    It is time!

    Thanx,
    AJG

    PS: I did have a hd-install of Slackware for several years before KNOPPIX came on the scene. Thank God it did when it did 'cause my hdds were failing....

Similar Threads

  1. installed knoppix hdb and win2k on hda1 is now unbootable
    By karpos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 12:08 PM
  2. I installed knoppix hdb and now win2k on hda1 is unbootable
    By karpos in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2005, 05:51 PM
  3. Bootmanager for Win98 (hda1) Knoppix(hda8) WinXP(hda10)
    By hellfred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 05:09 PM
  4. HDA1 won't mount
    By jimandjeanette in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:50 PM
  5. KNOPPIX on hda1?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$7.99



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00