Sure you need lilo or another boot loader. You can actually edit .knofig (the installers config file) so that it installs grub instead of lilo. Congrats on the move from wimpdoze. May the source be with you.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Lately, I've only used dual-boot solutions with lilo in the mbr via knoppix-installer. Is there anything special about setting up a machine with just one partition only for KNOPPIX?
Imagine that, I'm about to enter the world of Linux without WIMxP or any over form of windoze! Do I even need lilo?
OOO, scarry, isn't it.
TIA,
AJG
Sure you need lilo or another boot loader. You can actually edit .knofig (the installers config file) so that it installs grub instead of lilo. Congrats on the move from wimpdoze. May the source be with you.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Well the first year I used KNOPPIX, I went with a class set of liveCDs for my students (including a boot floppy and a data floppy)!
The following year I used the poormans' install on a wimpdoze partition.
This last year I went with a dual boot.
It is time!
Thanx,
AJG
PS: I did have a hd-install of Slackware for several years before KNOPPIX came on the scene. Thank God it did when it did 'cause my hdds were failing....

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4110 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$550.00
Dell Precision Tower 5810 Xeon E5-1630 v3 3.7GHz NO RAM RAM 500GB HDD PARTS
$120.00
Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$565.00
Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2
$949.99