Dell Inspiron 7000 with 2 cardbus slots and 128meg memory.
As Knoppix 3.4 loads there is a message about an insmod error while installing the Intel Pro/100 cardbus II card. When Knoppix finishes loading the card is installed and works fine. I need to find out how Knoppix resolved the problem. DMESG does not have the information about the insmod failure.
Also, I have an Adaptec AUA-1420A USB2connect for notebooks USB 2.0 cardbus card. Under WinXP the two cards are in conflict and the Intel ethernet card locks up. Once again Knoppix resolves the problems on load. I'd like to find out what Knoppix found and how it resolved the problem. Any trace or log hints you can give will be most appreciated.
I've looked at lspci and dmesg and don't find what I'm looking for.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58