-
Senior Member
registered user
Hell, I'm still a newbie, and I've learned a lot from others who still call themselves newbies.
Anyway, don't take it to heart if you don't get an answer. By my estimation, there seem to be a bunch of wi-fi autodetection issues floating around. If you poke around, you'll see that I have one of my own that has gone unanswered for about a month now.
I don't think it's because of jerks that it's gone unanswered - I think it's an issue of people help if they can, but sometimes they don't know. I have found one issue with the 2.6.6 kernel autodetection, which I have posted before, and which I have also placed in the bug list as item #4. It appears that, at least with my driver, autodetection is looking for the driver with the 2.6.6 files, and it's really in with the 2.4 drivers. I don't know how to remaster, and I'm not yet ready to try dual booting again, so I'm hoping that the bug gets addressed with the next release, and using ethernet in the meantime. Hopefully, now that LinuxTAG is over, some of the folks who work on the releases will have time to review the buglist and issue a release.
I'd help more if I could. I think you'll find that most people here are pretty nice and try to help.
jd
Similar Threads
-
By Oswald Glinkmeyer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By arcticice in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 07:24 AM
-
By charlie126 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By koselan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:55 AM
-
By bvtonedog in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Patriot Viper Steel 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600MHZ
$350.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95