-
Junior Member
registered user
Why is apache running + is there a fast debain distro?
I have Knoppix 3.4 on the HD and I apt-get upgrade often.
When I shut down the text that scrolls by says something about shutting down apache. apache
1. this isnt normal, is it?
2. how do i check to see if apache is really running?
3. is this a sign that i might have been cracked? /standard paranoia
4. if this is just a stupid default, who do i blame, knoppix or debian?
Even if this isn't a security issue, its defiantly a bloat issue. I'm fighting to get my system reasonably responsive on my not-that-old hardware. I figure if apache is starting when it boots then who knows what else is starting up.
What is the fastest debian based distro suitable for desktop use? I want anything with trivially easy package installation and vector-linux caliber speed.
Similar Threads
-
By westcparts in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 05:23 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
-
By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-28-2003, 05:17 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89