-

Originally Posted by
Markus
There's a cheatcode for that too: mem=???M
Yeah, I found that... so my start line now reads:
knoppix mem=119M bootfrom=/dev/hda1/knoppix
and that starts to boot fine, then all of a sudden tells me I don't have enough memory to run, so boots me into X11 rather than KDE.
The error message is: "xmessage: Not enough memory to start kde! (Atleast 82MB required.)"
When my system starts up and does a memory count, it says I have 119MB of memory (so thats what I put in to the command prompt) the boot can't be using more than 30MB of memory can it?!
The full system spec is P800, (I thought I had 256MB of ram! But I guess not) 119M and its a laptop, if you didn't read that above 
Any ideas on how I can get the laptop to boot into KDE?
Similar Threads
-
By ghostblaze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By ldsguy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 10:13 PM
-
By jojo in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By myk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 03:07 AM
-
By Jeriko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99