-
How do I get large cursors?
I would like to have enlarged cursors for my tired old eyes, but I can't figure out how. I am running Knoppix 3.4 2004-05-17,which I installed to my hard disk and updated it this morning. I use the graphical login manager. The kde versions is 3.2.2.
I downloaded several mouse themes via kde-look.org but none of them are particularly large. Several contained the instruction that to have large cursors add the line
Xcursor.size: 48
to ones .xinitrc or .xsession.
However, kdm is started way before I log in, so that would seem to bypass my .xinitrc. I did put the above line into /etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common
and was rewarded with a large cursor during the bring up phase but it promptly disappeared when I move the cursor from the splash screen. I reappeared when I selected logout from the menu.
When I created an .Xsession with the above line, I could not log in. If I created .xintrc with the above line, there seemed to be no effect.
I found many instances of the minihowto on big cursors, but following those instructions seemed to have no effect.
It seems as though I start with large cursors due to the addition to /etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common
but then KDE shuts them off in favor of one of its selections.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Similar Threads
-
By goudiemark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By igor_m in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
-
By paparush in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 04:53 PM
-
By dunbar in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 07:50 AM
-
By update_us in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 04:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00

Vintage Cardinal Technologies Tseng Labs ET4000AX ISA VGA Card 1MB DRAM 16-bit
$76.99

Vintage Retro Beige ATX Sleeper PC Desktop Computer Case Good Condition
$199.99
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00