Quote Originally Posted by ruymbeke
Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
... Does this have anything to do with the Japanese file? ...
Well, when I posted this yesterday I didn't get the new 3.6 japanese version yet, and as you can tell by the menu.lst I posted, the miniroot_ntfs.gz included in my grub3.zip was for the 3.4 knoppix release, not the 3.6 !
If you want to run 3.6 you should try the new miniroot_ntfs.gz (1'135'675 bytes) from the new japanese version.
You can fin a copy of this file here: http://s94592085.onlinehome.us/grub/miniroot_ntfs.gz
This should work better...
Cheers, Gilles

PS: the updated grub4.zip can be downloades from here: http://s94592085.onlinehome.us/grub/grub4.zip
I will try the 3.6 Boot from NTFS using these files asap ...
I got a number of errors:

1. The same PnP BIOS fault as before
2. RAMDISK: incomplete write(=28 !=3276 4194304
3. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root FS on ram3

jd